Preparing for the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) examination is a rigorous and multifaceted process that requires a well-structured strategy. An institute plays a significant role in streamlining your preparation from day one. Breaking down the preparation from the foundation to the advanced level requires strategized planning. Introduction of new topics at the right time, starting with subjects that run parallel to the news, guiding on newspaper reading strategy, answer writing practice, all these constitute the game plan.
We are known to be the Best Civils Coaching in Hyderabad, because of the best faculty that we provide for UPSC. We hand hold the student’s preparation and guide them to their careers with ease and confidence. We are rightly called the Best UPSC Coaching in Hyderabad because of the quality of study material that we provide. You won’t believe, 63 out of 100 questions in civils 2023 Prelims came from our study material.
The Best Mentorship for Civils in Hyderabad is also provided by us. More than 200 hundred students are getting personally guided by our faculty. The most unique feature of our mentorship program is that the teaching faculty are the mentors. This gives elevated experience to the students who then try to learn from faculties directly that gives the required direction and depth to their preparation.
The study is three layered structure that can streamline the preparation in a strategic way.
- Understand the Exam Pattern:
- Familiarize yourself with the UPSC examination pattern, including the three stages: Preliminary Examination (Objective), Main Examination (Descriptive), and Personality Test (Interview) at the beginning of the preparation itself. Having a good understanding of the syllabus makes the preparation process simple and targeted. Without the knowledge of the syllabus, the students end of reading unwanted material and subjects thereby only increasing their preparation load.
- The syllabus breakup classes provided by us are largely subscribed by students from across the institutes. We have a brand name that Ekam provides the best of the learning experience in UPSC. For this very reason, we are called the Best UPSC Institute in Hyderabad.
- Select Optional Subjects:
- Choose optional subjects based on your interest, background, and the scoring potential of the subjects. Make an informed decision after considering the syllabus and previous years’ trends. It is suggestive to take the help of the mentor in choosing your optional. The mentor over a period of time can know your strengths and weaknesses and guide to correctly.
- Read NCERT Books:
- Begin with the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) books for subjects like History, Geography, Economics, and Polity. These books provide a strong foundation for more advanced studies. It is rightly said that NCERTs are the pillars of UPSC preparation. Many questions directly come from NCERTs in the Prelims as well as mains. The most important aspect of learning from NCERTs is that it is the stand of the government and cannot be questioned in your answers. The learning from NCERTs will give you confidence on the knowledge that you possess and its correctness.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs:
- Start reading newspapers regularly for current affairs. Develop the habit of making notes on important events, issues, and government policies. Many students generally blame a subject for their failure in UPSC, while in reality, the real culprit is the current affairs. From day 1 try to understand the importance of linking the static part with current affairs. If we see the trend, almost 35-38% of the Prelims questions and more than 55% of the Mains questions are picked up from the topics or issued in the news.
- Build a Strong Base in Optional Subjects:
- Begin studying your optional subjects in depth. Consult standard textbooks and make concise notes. Focus on understanding concepts rather than rote memorization.
- Join a Coaching Institute (Optional):
- Consider joining a reputable coaching institute, especially if you need guidance in understanding the exam pattern, syllabus, and preparation strategy. However, self-study is equally important. Never delegate the responsibility of your selection on the institute. At Ekam IAS Academy, Hyderabad, all the students get personalized mentorship from day one of their preparation.
- Ekam IAS Academy, Hyderabad is known to be the Best UPSC Coaching in Hyderabad because of the in depth and structured classes that it conducts for the students. The personal attention each and every student gets in the institute makes it the Best IAS Coaching in Hyderabad.
- Complete Basic Reference Books:
- Move on to more advanced reference books for subjects like History, Geography, Polity, Economy, and Science & Technology. Follow a selective approach and don’t attempt to read everything. This is the most important stage of UPSC preparation.
- Once you achieve expertise in the reference books, it elevates your understanding of the issues and gives you room to start thinking critically which is the main test in UPSC.
- Enhance Answer Writing Skills:
- Practice answer writing regularly for both general studies and optional subjects. Focus on clarity, conciseness, and a structured approach. Analyze previous years’ question papers to understand the pattern. Most of the students suffer in this segment.
- The improvement in answer writing skills is developed over a period. Attending classes, reading the class notes, study material provided by the institute, reference books and connections with the newspaper, all contribute to answer writing. Personal counselling with answer corrections and source referrals brings in the desired improvement in the answer writing.
- Detailed Study of Current Affairs:
- Expand your current affairs coverage. Follow monthly magazines, Yojana, Kurukshetra, and other relevant government reports. Make sure to integrate current affairs with static subjects.
- Mock Tests:
- Start taking regular mock tests for both Prelims and Mains. This will help you manage time effectively, improve your writing speed, and identify areas that need improvement. The periodicity and timing of the mock tests is also very important. Attempting mock tests without proper preparation will reduce your confidence. Proper guided mock tests with thorough preparation can do wonders to your results. Our mentorship program exactly does this. That is the reason why students from Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad all prefers to join our mentorship batch. We are known to provide the best mentorship program in Hyderabad.
- Join Test Series (Optional):
- Consider joining a good test series for both Prelims and Mains. This will provide a competitive environment and valuable feedback on your performance. The quality of test series material is important to improve your performance. We provide the best of test series matching UPSC standards that emulate exactly the UPSC Exam atmosphere for our students.
- In-Depth Study of Optional Subjects:
- Dive deeper into your optional subjects. Focus on advanced concepts, recent developments, and case studies. Revise regularly to strengthen your grasp. The in-depth classes on optional is the reason why the students say that Ekam IAS Academy is the Best Civils Coaching in India. The detailed class running notes, dictation and weekly tests followed by timely corrections makes us the Best IAS Institute in Hyderabad.
- Revision and Consolidation:
- Systematically revise all the subjects, focusing on key concepts, facts, and your notes. Consolidate your learning and identify weak areas for targeted revision. Revision is the key in any competitive examination. Without revision, the knowledge gained won’t be retrieved in the examination hall.
- Timely revision is the key to success. We suggest the 1-3-7 rule to our students. The first revision should happen within one day, the second within 72 hours (3 days) and the third and final revision within 7 days. Once a student follows this 1-3-7 rule religiously, he wont forget anything for a long period of time.
- Current Affairs Revision:
- Regularly revise current affairs notes. Focus on the last 6-8 months before the exam. Pay special attention to government schemes, policies, and international developments. What makes Ekam IAS Academy, the best UPSC Academy in Hyderabad is the best support it provides to the students of UPSC. Every week dedicated current affairs classes are conducted that help students to streamline their current affairs preparation.
- Improve Writing Skills:
- Work on improving your writing skills further. Seek feedback from mentors, if possible. Practice essay writing, and work on expressing your thoughts coherently. This is the most difficult part of the preparation. This has to be done strictly under the guidance of a mentor.
- Time Management:
- Practice effective time management during the exam. Allocate a specific amount of time to each question and stick to it. Develop the ability to prioritize questions based on your strengths. Most of the students lack this capacity. Since beginning of the UPSC journey create a timetable and strictly follow it without any deviation. This calls for utmost discipline and ruthlessness in your approach.
- Interview Preparation:
- If you clear the Mains, start preparing for the Personality Test (Interview). Stay updated on current affairs and practice mock interviews. Work on your communication and interpersonal skills. Make a list of probable topics from various subjects based on the current news and issues in the news. Your idea of the same, well prepared can immensely help u to counter questions in the interview.
- Health and Mental Well-being:
- Take care of your physical and mental health. Adequate sleep, regular exercise, and stress management are crucial during the final phase of preparation. The places where students stay during their preparation is not very hygienic. To avoid any major health issues, the students must deliberately make an attempt to stay hygienic, eat healthy food, drinking lot of water and fluids is the way out.
- Health issues during the preparation can do great harm to the hard work. Once a week or two weeks break might take you three months behind in preparation. Staying healthy is the only way out. As a ground rule, eat less spice, more fruits and salads and drink ample water.
- Stay Positive and Confident:
- Maintain a positive attitude and confidence in your preparation. Believe in your abilities and stay focused on your goal.
Remember that UPSC preparation is a dynamic process, and flexibility is essential. Adjust your strategy based on your strengths, weaknesses, and feedback from practice tests. Consistency, dedication, and a genuine interest in the subjects are key to success.
For any assistance in your preparation, do call us for assistance. Our counsellors will guide you to our mentors who will personally guide you through your dream of making big in UPSC.[/col] [col span=”3″ span__sm=”12″] [ux_sidebar] [/col] [/row]